Currently remote, headquartered in Washington DC
Title: Membership & Program Coordinator
Reports To: Director of Outreach and Advocacy
About the ERA Coalition & Fund for Women’s Equality
The Fund for Women’s Equality (FFWE), a 501(c)(3), and its sister organization the ERA Coalition, a 501(c)(4), seeks a dynamic, experienced Membership & Program Coordinator to support this national organization, which works to educate and build a diverse coalition fighting to publish the Equal Rights Amendment to the U.S. Constitution and implement full sex equality under the law. We center the voices of marginalized people and communities — women of color (African American, Asian American/Pacific Islander, Latina, and Native American), gender-nonconforming and transgender women and girls, and nonbinary people — both as a matter of justice and because we trust deeply that these are the leaders who are poised to win.
This is a high-profile position at a critical moment in the fight for full equality and gender and racial justice which supports our work nationally, on Capitol Hill, in the White House, and across other sectors of government, as well as in corporate and nonprofit sectors.
About the Role
The ERA Coalition currently encompasses over 200 local, state and national partners and organizations, and has a goal of increasing its membership by 100 partners per year to reach 500 partner organizations by 2025. We are intentionally building relationships with a network of diverse and inclusive organizations that would join forces to advance equality. The Membership and Program Coordinator will play an integral role in helping us meet these goals, and is responsible for providing coordination and administrative support for the ERA Coalition’s new member outreach, current partner initiatives, and organizing meetings and events; as well as maintaining the membership database.
- Work with the Director of Outreach and Advocacy to plan monthly membership outreach meetings and recruitment strategies.
- Oversee the research and creation of potential partner outreach for monthly membership outreach meetings.
- Maintain a partner database and keep up to date records of Coalition membership and contact information.
- Lead partner organizations through the onboarding process.
- Facilitate communications with partners and logistics for bimonthly partner organizations meetings.
- Record and create summary notes and all other documentation of coalition meetings and activities.
- Track progress on membership outreach goal of growing the Coalition by 100 partners per year.
- Develop relevant programming and events to serve organizational partners and advocates.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Work with team members to come up with intersectional discussion topics for events such as town halls, fireside chats, and summits.
- Creating a calendar of monthly topics in advance, lining up speakers and moderators, creating an engaging discussion for the audience to participate in.
- Work with the communications team and the Chief Operating Officer to support production of fundraising events, advocacy events, press conferences, and other discussion series, both online and off.
- Support the communications team in promotion of events by providing relevant information in advance and brainstorming targeted topics and audiences for outreach.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) and two to four years relevant work experience required.
- Experience with database management software, preferably previous experience with Salsa Labs.
- Must be highly proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Google Apps (Gmail, Google Docs and Drive).
- Experience organizing, documenting and summarizing meetings and events.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, communication, analytical reasoning, and problem-solving skills, as well as excellent writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Must be highly organized and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously while prioritizing important issues.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Strong interest in the rapidly changing equality movement and a working knowledge of issues related to the Equal Rights Amendment as the 28th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
Compensation: Full time, $55,000 to $65,000 commensurate with experience.
Benefits: The ERA Coalition/FFWE currently provides paid holidays, vacation, sick, parental leave, monthly contribution for health insurance premiums, and short-term disability and workers compensation insurance.
How to Apply: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Membership & Program Coordinator”. No phone calls, please.
The ERA Coalition/Fund for Women’s Equality is an equal opportunity employer. Our policy is to select, place, train and promote the best qualified individuals based upon relevant factors such as work quality, attitude and experience so as to provide equal opportunity for all of our employees in compliance with applicable local, state and federal law, and without regard to non-work related factors such as sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, economic status, personal appearance including height and weight, family responsibility, matriculation, political affiliation or any other status protected by applicable law. This policy applies to all activities, including but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, transfers, promotions and benefits. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including selection, job assignment, compensation, discipline, termination and access to benefits and training.